Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Shoppers Out Like Crazy!!

Over the weekend, I went to the outdoor outlet mall by the mother's lake house.  It was extremely windy but a beautiful day.  Then today I went shopping with my mom at an outdoor mall to help her find some clothes that she claims she desperately needs.  Please...you should see her closest!! Anyway, it was another beautiful day in the 60's again.   Both days shoppers were out in force!!

Was it the nice weather?  Was it the sales?  Were people ready to spend their money?  Were people actually starting their holiday shopping? 

Now, let me tell you this.  The stores were crowded.  There were lines at the cash registers.  People were carrying a lot of shopping bags.  

I only bought a few things at the outlet mall.  Two very cute long sleeve tops for my daughter at J Crew.  They are now carrying their Crewcut kids line at their outlet stores.  Then I found a pair of skinny jeans at the Gap outlet along with two sweater.  **I am still looking for my bootcut, not too flare not too skinny dark denim jeans.  So far, I have tried on 35 pair of jeans.  I will let you know when I have found them.**

Today, my mom did get a great pair of animal print low heel shoes that had a black patent wedge heel.  Very cute.  She must have read my animal print blog!  Then she got two long cardigan type sweaters in berry and charcoal.  Perfect to wear instead of a blazer!  She did well shopping!

I bought a long sleeve Nike top for my son.  Nothing exciting.  Then at Banana Republic, I found beautiful jewelry.  Whoever is designing and/or buying their jewelry is doing a fantastic job.  They had so much to choose from.  I found two pieces in their clearance bin that I had to have...a bracelet that looked antique and a necklace.  The bracelet was originally $39.50.  I paid only $9.97.  The necklace was $29.50, and I got it for $7.97.  Not bad.  I good place to go for great jewelry for all occasions.

So after all of that, I am guessing that it was all of the above...the nice weather, the sales, and we were ready to spend money.  Oops!  Forgot about people starting to holiday shop.  We definitely weren't doing that!

Enjoy your day!

Lynn


No comments:

Post a Comment