Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Made In America Challenge!

Diana Sawyer from ABC World News is doing a segment called, "Made In America".  According to the stats, the average family spends $700 on holiday shopping.  The economists state that if $64 of that average is spent on products made in the USA, that will create 200,000 new jobs.  Check out the link below.  It's very interesting!!
I am seriously going to reevaluate my shopping list and look at the labels and tags of the items I purchase to see where they are made. 
Okay, I just went up to my room and checked out the labels of the items I purchased today.  I was looking for an outfit to wear to my husband's company's holiday party.  And of course, after eating so much over Thanksgiving weekend, I couldn't fit into anything that I already have.  The four items I bought today were all made in China.  Very disappointing! 
From now on, I am going to try my best and buy some things that are made in the USA.  At least the handbag I recently purchased from my friend, Tangee, is made in the USA.  Actually, it's made in Chicago by her own hands!!!!  She's an amazing designer!  Check out her website:

http://www.tangeeinc.net/

So, I will let you know if I find anything made in America and will report back to you.  Good luck searching yourself.

Enjoy your day!

Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment