Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Missoni for Target and The Craziness!!

Yesterday was the kick-off day for Target's Missoni line of merchandise.  It will be, well supposed to be in their stores only for a limited time, just until October 2nd.  But after the craziness that ensued yesterday in all Target stores and on their website, I don't think that will happen.

I honestly don't believe the Missoni family and Target knew how big this partnership would be.  Target's website crashed yesterday, and when people finally got through, everything was sold out.  The stores had people lined up outside waiting for them to open...just like Black Friday.  I know women who bought anywhere from $750-$1300 worth of Missoni merchandise.  I also know women who contacted friends and family in rural areas to buy everything up in their town's Target.

Why was merchandise line such a big success?  Why was this designer partnership such a bigger hit than the others?

It's all about Missoni's signature design, the zig zag.  You can reproduce that design on everything from rain boots to pillows to cosmetic bags to plates to apparel to glassware to hair accessories.  And Target was able to accomplish that goal.

It was also about their advertisements.  Who could forget their amazing commercials...very cute and catchy!!  I feel that they promoted this line of merchandise more than any of their others.

I, personally, did not go yesterday.  I waited until today, and the shelves and racks were completely empty.  Only a few items remained.  I did buy a Missoni travel case and makeup case.  And I bought my daughter Missoni ballet flats and rain boots.  They were too cute to pass up so I hope they fit her!  Then I went to TJ Maxx to return something for my son and found the real Missoni on their racks...not full price but not as cheap as Target.  And when I was there, I saw a mother with her daughter both dressed to the nines in full on Target Missoni apparel.  Too funny!!  I chuckled to myself!!

Oh, and on a side note...I bet you a million dollars that you will be seeing these items on Ebay!!

Enjoy your day!!!

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment