Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day, Summer Ending and Wearing White!

Today is Labor Day...The unofficial last day of summer.  What a bummer!  I really didn't want summer to end.  Anyway, Labor Day is also the day that everyone (well, actually just women) always asks one particular question year after year after year...Is it appropriate to wear white after Labor Day?

The so called "rule" was always never wear white before Memorial Day and after Labor Day.  Summer only!!  But what if you live in warm weather all year round?  When the temp is 85 and it's March, April, September or October.  Of course you are going to wear white.  Why not!!  Think about it.

Then there's the Midwest where the weather is so unpredictable.  Today it's 65 degrees, yesterday it was 75, the day before that 85, and the day before that 95.  Go figure!  It's completely crazy!  What do you wear?  Wearing white has always been associated with warm, sunny weather.  Why not wear it when the temperature is in the 80's or 90's?  Right? 

I would say that in fashion, there are no rules or that rules are made to be broken.  Go with your gut instinct.  Be individualistic!  Be yourself!  Express your own creativity! 

Will I wear my white jeans in September?  Sure, why not.  But only if the weather permits.  Would I wear white in April or May?  Sure, but again, if weather permits.  Will I wear white while vacationing in a warm weather state?  Absolutely!!  No doubt about that!

So, I hope I sort of answered your question about wearing white after Labor Day.  Fashion is not supposed to be difficult.  It's supposed to be fun!! 

So enjoy the unofficial last day of summer.  Oh, I almost forgot, there are always a ton of sales on Labor Day.  I took my kids to the outlet mall this morning to find some fall school clothes, and it was packed!  So much for the bad economy!  There were no parking spots left, the stores were packed, and people were carry multiple shopping bags.  WOW!!  Happy shopping!!!

Enjoy your day!

Lynn




No comments:

Post a Comment