Friday, September 23, 2011

I Finally Got Rain Boots!!!

It was an early damp and cold Saturday morning in June.  There was no sunshine, and the ground was wet from the rain.  My friend Julie and I were volunteering at a soccer picnic (our daughters play soccer).  We were standing in the grass complaining how cold and wet our feet were and why???  Because we were wearing gym shoes.  Then we started checking out all of these women wearing these cute rain boots.  Right away we both said...I gotta get me a pair of those!!

Fast forward to this past Sunday (3 1/2 months later), another cold and damp day.  And yes, Julie and I were standing in the grass (this time for our sons' football game) wearing gym shoes yet again.  We looked at each other and said...I guess we never got around to buying those rain boots!!!  And there were plenty of women out there sporting their fashionable yet appropriate rain boots keeping their feet dry and warm.

So, I finally bit the bullet.  I went to the mall yesterday and hit a bunch of stores.  But beforehand, I hit the Internet to check out all of the possibilities.  And let me tell you...there are tons to choose from.

Now, there were a lot of websites with great deals, but I really needed to try them on.  I wanted to make sure that they fit over my calves and that I could tuck my jeans in them.  I finally ended up at Nordstrom, but I couldn't find the pair I saw online that I really, really wanted.  So I asked a sales associate, and he searched high and low and even asked other associates about this pair of rain boots.  They told him they were all sold out.  But my guy kept on searching until he found the pair I wanted and in my size, which is a 6.  Yes, I'm the display size and normally that pair is all stretched out but not his time.  It was a brand new pair, and it was the last pair they had.  VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!

But there was one little problem...I had no coupon, no gift card, and it wasn't on sale.  I saw it cheaper online but this sales associate really went the extra mile to find it.  So................I paid full price!!!!  I know, shocking!!

But I think it was well worth it.  The weather looks bad again this weekend, and both of my kids have games this weekend.  Yes...on grass...it's supposed to rain...and I will be standing out there again.  But this time my feet will be warm and dry. 

Check out the photo.  Those are my new rain boots.  Pretty cool!!  And yes, that is a real zipper which makes it easier to get them on!!

Okay, Julie...it's your turn!!!!


Enjoy your day!!!

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment