Friday, July 1, 2011

Disney World and Shopping!

I'm sorry, but I have to write about Disney World just one more time.  It's hard not to, but I won't be talking about how people were dressed.   Instead, I will be writing about shopping.

When you are down in Disney, you can't help yourself, you have to buy something with Mickey on it!  So, I did buy my son a t-shirt that was appropriate for his age.  He refused to wear anything to childish, he is 10 you know!  And my daughter, who is 8, her Mickey t-shirt came from the clearance rack at Target for $5.  That was a lot cheaper than buying it at Disney World. 

So, what else did we buy?  Well, we had to buy rain poncho's.  That was a given due to the storms.  Then I bought a hat, again, because of the storms, but I found one on sale at Disney's Hollywood Studios for $6.99.  That was a bargain!!!  Then my daughter had to have a charm for her charm bracelet, and a necklace, and we had to buy a back pack to carry the rain poncho's, etc.  My bag was already full enough!!  

But here was MY big purchase down in Disney...a book...a fashion book...by Christian Dior...called The Little Dictionary of Fashion.  Now, I know what you are thinking.  You were at Disney World and you bought a book about fashion!?!?!  Yes, I did.  I couldn't resist.  It was published in 2007, but I had never read it.  Crazy, I know!  How could I have not read it?  You knows!  

This book looks more like a journal than a book with its small size and having a ribbon attached to it.  Christian Dior wanted to write a book about fashion but didn't want it to be too long or too short.  Let me quote part of the introduction of the book,"It is possible for a woman to be elegant without spending very much money on her clothes, if she follows the basic rules of Fashion and is careful to choose the clothes that suit her personality.  Simplicity, good taste, and grooming are the three fundamentals of good dressing and these do not costs money."

Sounds like great advice to me!!  And I am extremely happy about my Disney World purchase.  I know that it didn't have anything to do with Disney or Mickey Mouse or princesses, but it was something that brought a smile to my face!!!

Happy 4th of July and Happy Shopping all the July 4th Sales!

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment