Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Excessive Heat Warnings and Fall Fashions?

Most of the United States is currently under an Excessive Heat Warning with the Heat Index that could reach 110 degrees.  These are extremely dangerous weather conditions.  And Fall Fashions are here!?!?

Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale is going on and it's for their fall merchandise.  They are showing capes, equestrian riding boots, faux fur vest, and lace-up boots. 

Neiman Marcus has been promoting their Fall Fashion Trends.  My last email from them was about "raising a drink" to the newest Fall trend, which is the color Bordeaux.

Finally, I was at an outlet mall this week while at my mom's lake house, and the stores were so low on merchandise.  Yes, they did have some great sales.  But, that was because they were trying to clear out all of their summer merchandise to make room for their Fall merchandise. 

Now, in this weather, who really wants to try on Fall clothes?  Would you?  Personally, I can't imagine trying on heavy sweaters, tall riding boots, or coats.  And I love shopping!!!  I mean really, I get hot flashes when it's not this hot.  How on earth would I be able to do it in this heat?!?!

Plus, on a side note, I am not ready for the summer to end.  My kids start school five weeks from today.  Which means, I still have five more weeks of summer.  And Fall apparel makes me think of cooler weather, which turns into cold weather, which means snow.  Yuck!!!!!!!!  I am not ready for that!!

So please enjoy your summer while you can.  You will have plenty of time to shop for Fall merchandise later this summer and early this fall.  And don't forget to drink plenty of fluids in this hot weather and be careful.

Enjoy your day!!

Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment