Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Nautical Dressing and the 4th of July!!

I hope that all of you had a wonderful July 4th weekend.  When I think of July 4th, I think of fireworks, BBQ's, the American Flag, and the USA!!  And everywhere you go you see red, white and blue!

How many of you sported one of those colors on this July 4th weekend?  I certainly did!!  I wore a blue and white striped short dress with a slight ruffled bottom, worn with a light colored leather belt (a great trend for all) and metallic flat sandals.  While my family and I were waiting for the fireworks display to start, I couldn't help but people watching.  It is one of my favorite pastimes.  I would have to say that 75% of the people did wear red or white or blue.  I was happy to see that some many people were patriotic!!

Then I got to thinking about the whole Nautical trend in dressing that I have seen in all the magazines and stores lately.  At H&M, I saw a cute short blue and white striped skirt and a "Navy Sailing Bag".  Forever 21 has a white and red stripe red long sleeve top.  Isabel Toledo has a line of shoes at Payless and designed a "T-Strap Vespadrill" sandal that has a red wedge heel.  And of course, you can't forget swimsuits.  Everyone from Tommy Hilfiger to True Religion to Banana Republic to Milly has their own version of the Nautical swimsuit. 

Seen on celebrities and all are striped maxi dresses, striped tanks, striped t-shirt dresses, to navy flat espadrilles, hot red sandals and dressy white wedges.  WOW!  Just don't go overboard (HA HA) when you wear the Nautical trend.  Keep it simple and fun!!

Enjoy your day!!

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment