Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Denim on Denim???

Denim on Denim...Full on Denim...Head to Toe Denim!
Everywhere I look, that's all I am seeing!!  Would you wear it?  Or should the question be...Could you pull it off?

Denim shirts, denim jackets, denim dresses, denim skirts and of sorts of denim jeans!! 

In a recent print Guess advertisement, the model was wearing dark denim jeans rolled up with a short dark denim jacket with the sleeves rolled up.  Now, she looked good very that, but then again, she was tall, thin and very young.

Then I saw a photo of Elle Macpherson wearing dark denim skinny jeans, ballet flats, a dark denim jacket only buttoned in the middle and a scarf wrapped around her neck.  She look great!!  I liked how she wore all dark denim instead of the faded denim like she used to wear oh so long ago.  And I liked how she paired it with flats and a scarf.  Very chic!!

Then I saw some very young actresses wearing faded denim over sized shirts.  Some of them wore it tied at the waist with a denim mini skirt.  Others wore the shirts hanging loose, untucked with skinny jeans and flat.  Honestly, I don't think I can wear a faded denim shirt.  I mean, I use wear them all of the time, but that was the '80's.  Been there, done that!!!

Finally, I saw a photo of Reese Witherspoon wearing a denim dress with cute flat sandals.  The dress was more of a over sized shirt dress that she belted.  It looked cute, casual and very comfortable.  I felt I could pull off that look even at my age.

So, this denim on denim trend is good and bad, depending on your age.  As long as you didn't already wear it

No comments:

Post a Comment