Thursday, April 5, 2012

Favorite Spring Purchases!

My family and I just got back from our spring break vacation.  We were at Key West and North Palm Beach, Florida.  The weather was absolutely beautiful..sunny and warm, just the way I like it.  And who knew that Key West was 90 miles north of Cuba and it's the southernmost point of the USA.

Now it's back to reality.  Kids are back at school.  I have been doing loads of laundry and driving the kids to all of their activities...I wish I was back down there!!

However, I did have fun shopping for our vacation beforehand.  So I wanted to tell you about my favorite purchases for the trip.

Since we lived at the beach and pool, I couldn't have done without my swimsuit cover ups.  I bought a Kelly green and a orange/coral cover up.  One was from TJ Maxx and the other one was from Marshall's.  They were both $14.99.  They were cotton and rayon, a-line, lightweight, had capped sleeves, and a tie-cinched high waist with a keyhole.  I loved them and wore one everyday over my swimsuit.

As for my swimsuit, I tried on so many suits and got so frustrated.  I really hate trying them on.  I packed a halter style navy tankini from last year and bought a top to go with black bottoms from another very old suit.  I ended up finding that one at Target for about $19.  It was a tankini, black and white striped top that came with a removable strap.  It wasn't fitted which hid my muffin top.  I felt so comfortable in that suit!!!  And with the removable strap, I got no tan lines!!!!

I did ended up finding some Bermuda shorts.  I am too old to wear short shorts, and the longer ones hide my varicose veins on the back of my legs.  Shorts are a hard fit for me.  Some are too low in the waist, and I always have problems with the length.  I found a white pair and a green pair at the Gap Outlet.  The style is called Hadley, and they weren't too low in the waist and weren't too long on me.   And they had a special on them, $14 each.  Yea!!!!!

All in all, I was very happy with my vacation purchases.  While down in Key West, I did find a cool pair of mirrored aviator sunglasses at a surf shop.  I fell in love with them and had to have them.  My husband, son and daughter all had to buy the hippie cool braided ankle bracelets.  And yes, they still have them on.  They are trying to hang on to our trip as long as possible.  My son and daughter also got Key West t-shirts, of course.  I did buy myself a bracelet from a local artist.  It's silver, has clear crystal small beads and small ball gold beads.  Simple yet cute.  We didn't go too crazy buying stuff.  We were too busy doing other things.  Plus, I did enough shopping before our trip. 

Enjoy your day!

Lynn

2 comments: