Saturday, April 14, 2012

Spring Cleaning

Well, it's that time of year again.  It's spring which means time to clean your house and your closet.  We have been going crazy here at my house doing our spring cleaning.  And we still have a lot to do.

I already did my kids' closets.  Made them try on everything.  Oh, they hated that, but I had to find out what still fit them.  Then I started on my closet.  At the beginning of the year, I turned around my hangers in my closet and had them facing out.   After I wore an item, I put it back in my closet (after dry cleaning, washing or whatever) the right way, facing in.  I know that it's only April, but I can't believe how many of my hangers were still facing out.  That means I wear the same things over and over again.  Interesting!!  And I do plan on doing this for the whole year.

I also found that I hadn't worn a lot of my winter sweaters.  Now, was that because of the warm weather or because I was wearing the same things again and again?  Last year at the end of winter, I bought a lot of winter clothes on clearance.  And I was still able to wear them because in Chicago, the cold weather and winter lasts way into April.  But this year, our winter was cut short.  It was 70 and 80 degrees in March.  As I went to the clearance sales at stores, I found myself not wanting to buy those winter clothes.  Who wants to buy a heavy winter sweater when it's 70 degrees outside.  Who even wants to try it on?

I ended up buying some spring clothes, which happened to be on sale.  Go figure!  I wonder if retailers were able to sell those heavy winter clothes.  Were they able to get rid of them?  Retailers have spring clothes on sale already.  The weather has made retailers rethink everything this year.  I know that my shopping habits changed a little bit this year due to the weather.  What do you think?

Enjoy your day!

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment