Sunday, January 22, 2012

Recent Purchases

I've been out shopping a little bit this month trying to spend some of the money I received for Christmas as gifts.  I've been to outlet malls and regular malls and couldn't believe all of the sales.  I am talking about deep discounts, clearance, 75% sales.  These sales normally happen towards the end of January not the beginning of the month.

I hit the outlet mall a few days after New Year's and in every store I walked into, there was an additional percentage off clearance items.  It was unbelievable. 

Then a week or so ago, I received an email from Banana Republic that they were going to have a three hour mid-day sale.  All of their clearance items were going to be an additional 50% off from 11am-2pm on one day.  I was going to the mall anyway to do some gift returns and thought I would stop by.  Well, you would of thought that they were giving away gold.  I could not believe the number of people there.  I got a pair of camel wool pants (lined), a pair of black suede laced ankle shoe/boots with a wood heel, and a camel draped cardigan sweater (with a great rolled collar) all for $100.  Not bad!!!

That same day I had to hit Target to stock up on necessities and found a great pair of boots.  They are mid-calf biker style boots with buckles that are so comfortable and were only $10.   What a great way to try a different style or trend!

Now, I still have Christmas money left that's burning a whole in my pocket.  I think I will hit some local stores and see what they have.  Oh, and I still have my TJ Maxx gift card!!!  Look out stores 'cause here I come!!

Enjoy your day!!!

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment