Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Golden Globe Fashions and Trends!

The Golden Globe Awards were held Sunday night, and it didn't disappoint me.  Between the awards, the celebrities, the emcee and the fashions...it was a pretty good show.

But of course, I would like to talk about the fashions.  There were some fabulous dresses and some not so fabulous dresses.  Let's just say they missed their mark.  I won't go into detail of those disasters, and I won't name names.  Those celebs are probably already embarrassed enough!!

There were two top trends that stood out that night...trains and mermaid style dresses.

If Jessica was your first name, then you had to wear a long straight dress with a train.  Jessica Biel, Jessica Alba and Jessica Chastain all wore that trend.  Coincidental??   Who knows.

Other celebs that wore the "train" trend were Evan Rachel Wood, Lea Michele, Octavia Spencer, and Charlize Theron.  Now trains aren't necessarily a new awards show trend, it just struck me as the number of them that I saw.

The other big trend that I observed that night was the mermaid style dresses.  Did you see Sofia Vergera in her navy Vera Wang strapless dress.  She has the absolute perfect curvy body for the mermaid style dress.  She looked stunning and sexy!

Reese Witherspoon was also looking fabulous in her red Zac Posen strapless mermaid style dress.  Other celebs that wore that trend were Kate Beckinsale, Rooney Mara, Tina Fey, Julianne Moore, Elle Macpherson and Kelly Osbourne.  Tilda Swinton put her offbeat twist to that trend by pairing a light blue jacket with a mermaid style skirt from Haider Ackerman.  It's always interesting to see what she will wear to these shows.

All in all, it was a great evening!  Watching the Golden Globes with good friends and good wine...it can't get much better than that!!!

Enjoy your day!

Lynn

2 comments:

  1. I love Reese and that dress fit beautifully but I just think the mermaid silhouette is a little weird. I preferred the trains....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree....the mermaid style does not flatter everyone!!! Trains are more appealing!!

    ReplyDelete