Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tie-Neck Blouses!

Everywhere I look, all I see are tie-neck blouses.  In magazines, in stores, on celebrities...they are all over!

Do I have one?  Actually, I have two!  One is a black v-neck style from the Gap, which I bought last year, and the other one is a black/mustard/purple print crew neck style from Diane von Furstenburg, which I got two years ago for 75% off, by the way.  I guess I was ahead of the trend!!!

I love both of them!!  I feel that the tie-neck blouse is one of the most versatile trends this season.  You can wear it casually with jeans, wear it to work or dress it up with a pencil skirt or some wide legged pants.  Tuck it in and wear it with a great wide belt or a sleek skinny belt or you can leave it untucked and wear with your skinny jeans or pants.

There are also different ways to tie the blouse.  Tie it in a bow (low or high), tie it in a knot (low or high), or you can wrap it around the neck and style it like a scarf.  If it's a crew neck style, change it up a bit and tie the bow to the side of your neck instead of the middle because everyone wears it that way.  Your bow can be big or small, just make sure it's comfortable on you and you aren't choking yourself.

Where and who has these blouses?  The list goes on and on, so here are just a few:  H&M light pink blouse for $39.95 (they had one for $9.95 but I think it sold out already), Vince Camuto slate grey blouse for $99, and Banana Republic has one from their Mad Men Collection that's $80.

So go ahead, tie one on and see how you feel!!  Sorry, couldn't resist that!!

Enjoy your day!

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment