Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Cape!!!

The Cape!!!  The hottest fall fashion trend!!!  The question is...will you buy one?

The cape is basically an alternative to the coat or jacket, which ever you prefer.   You can dress it up or wear it casually.  It can be sophisticated and classy or funky and fun.  And it doesn't matter what size you are, everyone can wear it.  I like the idea of it because it can hide your mid-section (aka...muffin top, spare tire, love handles, etc).

Now, if you do buy a cape, you need to know how to wear it. Because its shape is more over sized and flowy, you don't want to look like you are being swallowed up by it.  Make sure that you pair it with something slim and fitting on the bottom.  No long maxi skirts or baggy pants. You need to wear the cape with leggings, skinny pants or jeans, or a slim short pencil skirt.  And if you are petite, do not buy a long cape that goes down to your knees.  You need a shorter length so it doesn't overwhelm you.

The capes this season are coming in all shapes and colors.  They have toggle, button, zipper, and buckle closures.  The most common colors are midnight blue, charcoal grey, black and camel.  And they do come in all price points. 

I guess I should let you know my answer to that question?  Will I or won't I be buying a cape this season?  I haven't so far, but I did buy something similar to that...it's a sweater cape/poncho.  I didn't want to invest in a real cape coat because I wasn't sure.  So I thought I would try a sweater version to see if I liked it.  I found it on sale at Nordstrom Rack for $24.97.  That was enough money for me to spend on it since I was on the fence.  I truly believe that you shouldn't spend a lot of money on a trend that you are questioning.  Because if you do and then by next season you don't like it any more, you won't have buyer's remorse or shopper's guilt or whatever you want to call it.

Enjoy your day!

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment