Sunday, August 28, 2011

Is Now A Good Time To Shop?

Now that my kids are back in school, I had a little bit of free time to go to the stores that I really wanted to visit.  Stores other than Target, the grocery store, etc.  I have to say it was a lot of fun, but I had to ask myself...Is now a good time to shop?

Even though the kids are back in school, it's still summer according to the calendar.  Labor Day is still a week away, and the weather is gorgeous!!!  Who wants to even think of wearing fall clothes, let along trying them on in stores. 

So, what do you buy?  Fall merchandise or clearance summer merchandise or do you try to find an item that you could wear multiple seasons? 

So as I visited these clothing stores, the first thing I noticed was the temperature.  It was freezing in the stores.  Of course, it was a good ploy by the stores.  They purposely keep the temperatures down so shoppers are more willing to try on fall clothing.  Putting on that merchandise makes shoppers fell comfy and cozy.  It's completely psychological but brilliant!

And most of the merchandise in the stores are fall merchandise, full price fall merchandise.  A small percentage of the merchandise is clearance summer items.  And you know I love a deal, but there were slim pickings!!  Yes, there were a few good deals, but you really had to look and search far and wide.  I did find a black Juicy Couture dress that was originally $138 marked down to $29 and another black dress from Oonagh by Nanette Lepore that was $200 marked down to $39.  Now, I bought both dresses but will only keep one of them.  I really like trying them on at home in good lighting and with dual mirrors.  And I know what you are thinking, another black dress!  My husband would definitely say that, but it's a casual fashionable dress that I can wear when I freelance for Macy's.  They require their employees to wear all black on the selling floor, even if you freelance for them.  Anyway, I really like the one from Oonagh!  That's the one I am going to keep.

Anyway, let's keep back to the question...is now a good time to shop?  What do you think?

Enjoy your day!

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment