Monday, August 8, 2011

Swimsuits or Jeans...Which is Worse to Try On?

I was at the pool the other day talking to some moms, and we were talking about trying on clothes.  So I asked them...which is worse to try on?  Swimsuits or jeans?  What do you think?

Right now...at my age...this summer...I personally feel that swimsuits are definitely worse to try on.  Five years ago, it was jeans.  Let me explain.

Five years ago, I really had a lot of luck finding swimsuits.  It was great!  Most of the suits that I tried on fit well.  They didn't ride up, the didn't reveal too much, and they had a lot of support.  I was so pleased.  Now I know what you are thinking...yes, I was younger and yes, my body has changed since then.  But I did the "Jackie O" thought process...find something that fits well and buy it in multiple colors!  She did that with sheath dresses.

Moving on...five years ago, I really had a hard time finding jeans.  They were way too long and way too low in the rise.  Think Brittany Spears!!  I couldn't find any jeans that fit me.  It was terrible, and I felt miserable.

Now to the present...this summer was the first time I bought a new swimsuit in five years.  I couldn't find anything that fit well or looked good on me.  It was very depressing.  I was still wearing those original suits that I had bought five years ago.  During those years, I must have tried on at least 100 swimsuits.  No kidding!!  Not fun at all!!  I was so glad that this summer I was able to buy two suits, a one piece and a tankini.  Success!!!  At last!!!!

As for jeans, well that has gotten a lot easier.  Shopping for jeans is actually not so bad any more.  I found some jeans that are petite or ankle length (that don't look too matronly), and that have a normal rise.  Good-bye to the Brittany Spears low rise!!!  Yippee!!!  And my favorite jeans are the dark denim bootcuts.  But I'll talk about jeans and the new jean trends and styles another day. 

So, don't forget about the question...Swimsuits or jeans, which one is worse to try on??

Enjoy your day!

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment