Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring Break Shopping!

For the last couple of weeks I have been power shopping for our spring break vacation.  We are headed to Key West, FL.  Now, I know what you are thinking, but it wasn't all for me.  My kids grew out of everything!!!  I literally have been driving all over the place looking for vacation clothes for them.  I am exhausted!!

As for me, I have been trying to find a swimsuit that fit me and actually looks halfway decent.  I have bought so many suits, brought them home, tried them on and then had to return them.  To be honest with you, I absolutely hate shopping for swimsuits.  It's the worst thing ever!  I did end up buying just a swim top at Target to wear with old bottoms I had that I know fit fine.  It's better than nothing.  I swear, swimsuit shopping is so frustrating.

Then there are shorts.  There are short shorts, and mid-length shorts and Bermuda (knee length) shorts.  The short shorts are more flattering on me because I'm vertically challenged.  They make my legs look longer.  However, I am too old for those, and they exposed the awful veins on the back of my legs.  The mid-length ones aren't bad, but sometimes they can looked too old for me (if you know what I mean).  My favorites are the Bermuda shorts, the slimmer ones not the wider ones.  They hide all of my varicose veins!!!  And the slimmer ones make my legs look a little bit longer.  And I need all the help I can get!  The problem being my lack of height.  Some of those shorts look like I am wearing Capri's.  And I hate Capri's!!!  Yes, I have tried on a ton and bought just one at the Gap Outlet, go figure.

What I did find was some great swimsuit cover ups.  There were so many to choose from.  I bought two of the same style cover up but different colors...one orange/coral (of course) and the other Kelly green.  They are like A-line lightweight cotton dresses with cap sleeves and a drawstring just below the chest that ties.  I just love them!!  What a find!  They were only $14.99 a piece, one at TJ Maxx, and the other one at Marshalls.  I love getting a bargain!

Then there were the dresses.  So fun and so casual!!  And every store has them at every price point and every style possible.  The dresses that I liked were the ones with a little puff 3/4 or short sleeve, a slight drop elastic waist and fell above the knee.  I love these dresses, and I love bringing them on vacation.  Why?  Because they are no brainers.  Just throw them on and off you go.  No separates which mean no mixing and no matching .  And think about the packing...it's less to pack, which means more room for shoes!

So off to Key West we go.  Hopefully with good weather!  And I hope all of you have good luck with your spring and summer shopping.

Enjoy your day!

Lynn



No comments:

Post a Comment