Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Father's Day

My kids have reminded me that Father's Day is Sunday.  Yes, I know that!!  I'm not that clueless!!  They asked me what they (meaning me) should buy dad for Father's Day.   I, of course, laughed at them and told them absolutely nothing.  But they don't understand.  See, my husband already bought himself a gift.  He informed me that I didn't have to buy him a Father's Day gift because he already bought himself something, a golf club....a driver....a very expensive driver.  Can't mention the cost...too much information!  Then my husband asked me if we exchange gifts for our anniversary.  I, of course, laughed at him for even asking me that and told him that we normally go out to dinner.  Well, we try to go out for a nice dinner, but our daughter was born on the same day, so our anniversary is second fiddle.  Now, you do realize that he asked me that question after he bought himself a pair of Cole Haan shoes....at full price.  Has he not learned anything from me!!!!

Anyway...back to the point.  To make my children happy, I will buy a very small gift for them to give their dad for Father's Day.

Wow!  There are a lot of crazy gifts out there for dads, like the "Thing" of the Month Club.  And when I say "Thing", I mean Beer of the Month Club or Cigar..Salsa..Bacon..Pickle..Ice Cream or Beef Jerky.  Yes, I am completely serious!  All of them he can receive once a month.  Unbelievable!

Personalized items are another "BIG" idea for Father's Day, too.  You can get anything, and I mean anything personalized these days from cutting boards to beer mugs to a gallon jug of Tabasco sauce..golf balls..prayer books..car wash kits..leather accessories..and garage shop signs.  Anything goes!!

And finally, gift baskets!  Yes, gifts baskets of all sorts are another way to say "I Love You, Dad!".  Well, there are gift baskets for the dad who loves to fish or hunt, or for the dad who loves to golf or loves to grill or just loves drinking beer and doing nothing!!!  Amazing!!!

And after all the research I did, I have still not bought the "small" gift for my husband from the kids.  I will...I really will...eventually...I'll get around to it...soon.  When is Father's Day?!?!  Only kidding, kids!!

On a serious note...Happy Father's Day to the fathers and soon to be fathers out there.  And to my dad, who is deceased...I love you and miss you tons!!!!

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment