Sunday, November 25, 2012

Black Friday Shopping

Black Friday, or should I say Black Thursday, has come and gone.  And did any of you brave the crowds and shop?  I certainly did not, and I never ever do!!!

It's absolutely crazy that stores are opening up on Thanksgiving night like at 8pm and 9pm.  What happened to the holiday?  What happened to a day off of work?  All of the CEO's of these retailers don't understand that their employees really do not want to be there.  Don't they deserve a day off before the crazed holiday shopping season?

As I was driving back to our hotel from my aunt and uncle's home in Arizona, we passed by a Target around 9:45.  Yes, we were in Arizona for the week, and it was the best idea yet!!!  It was packed.  I couldn't believe the parking lot.  And drove right past it, not even hesitating.  Being in this industry for a million years, I hate Black Friday and hate shopping on that day, too.

Here's funny thing, too.  I was reading the USA Today Newspaper the day before Thanksgiving, poolside, and they had a great article about a women shopping all day on Black Friday last year.  She hit all the stores with the greatest door buster deals.  When she got home, she went online and discovered that some of her purchases she made were a lot cheaper online.  She was not happy to say the least.

My husband did venture out on Saturday back here in Chicago.  I do miss that 80 degree weather in AZ.  He went to Costco to buy a laptop.  That's where he thought was the best deal.  When he brought it home, I showed him the Costco brochure of coupons that starts on Monday.  Then he decided to go online and yes, he did find a better and cheaper one online at Costco.  Go figure!!  He didn't have to deal with the crowds and go out at all in this cold weather.  He could have stayed home and bought it online.  Well, he is returning the one on Monday that he bought at the store, and did purchase the one online. 

So, the moral of the story is to check online prices first before you go out and shop.  You might find better deals there.

Enjoy your day and happy shopping!

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment