Monday, September 24, 2012

Fashion from the Emmy Awards

The Emmy Awards were held last night, and what a night it was!  I felt like I was watching the Oscars with all the ball gowns I saw.  Nobody was casually dressed like in years past.

I really wished that I could have seen the fashions in person.  I feel that the television doesn't portray them as well.  The colors are always off.  What I think is red is actually orange and vice verse.

So let's break down the fashions from that evening:

*It was a very fruity evening....colors like orange, tangerine, lime and lemon.

*The stars were shimmering in sequins, metallics and sparkle.

*Forget about straps and sleeves...it was all about the strapless dress.

Here were some other trends that I saw:  floral prints, halter style dresses, cobalt blue, lace, embellishment, and very skin tight dresses.

Who do I think looked good?  Tina Fey, Julie Bowen, Allison Williams, Jessica Lange, Sofia Vergara and Padma Lakshmi.

Who do I think didn't look quite up to par?  I'm not going to mention those celebrities.  They have already been raked over the coals by people in the media.

So let me ask you this.  Who was your favorite? 

Enjoy your day!

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment