Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fall 2012 Trends

This morning when I woke up, I felt a chill in the air.  I turned on the TV right away to check out the weather.  I couldn't believe what I saw.  The temperature was 46 degrees.  Really?!?!  Already?!?!  Then I saw the ten day outlook.  I think the Chicagoland area will be in the 60's the entire week.   Good bye Summer!!

I guess fall is really here, which means the fall fashion season is upon us.
So let's look at the trends this season.........

1.     Trumpet hems.  Check out the skirts and dresses this season.  You will notice a little something extra around the hemline.  The fall skirts and dresses have a little flouncy to them this fall.

2.     Brocade.  Think about this...Renaissance meets 2012.  Fall brings us rich brocade fabrics and textures shown in all apparel from dresses to skirts to jackets.

3.    Burgundy.  I love this color!  Why? Because it goes with everything...denim, navy, charcoal, and black.  It's the perfect fall color.  You are seeing this color in accessories, shoes and clothing.

4.     Rugged Booties.  Ankle booties have been in fashion for awhile now, but this season they have become more rugged.  Wear these with jeans, skirts, and casual dresses.

5.     Military.  The military influence won't go away.  You are seeing it not only in jackets but in suits, pants, and dresses.

These are just some of the hot fall trends this season.  But there is so much more.  I promise to fill you in on some more.  Soon!!!

Enjoy your day!

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment