Monday, May 21, 2012

Toms Shoes

Next week is my daughter's birthday, today was my mom's and last week was my son's.  May is such a crazy month!!  All I have been doing is shopping for birthday gifts.  My son only put four items on his birthday wish list, and two of them were money and gift cards.  He turned 11.

My daughter, on the other hand, had 40 items on her birthday wish list.  I am not kidding.  But the number one thing on her list was a pair of TOMS Shoes. 

TOMS Shoes is a great brand.  With every pair that is purchased, TOMS will give a pair of new shoes to a child in need.  Their trademark is One for One.  How can you not like this brand!

So off we went to Nordstrom to find her shoes.  She decided on the pink glitter ones.  Which I have to say, are a lot cuter than the canvas ones.  And they looked so cute on her.  She thought she could wear them right away, but I said that she had to wait until her actual birthday.  I know, I am a mean mom.

I really think TOMS shoes are cute on kids, even teenagers, but I think there is an age limit to them.  That day, I saw a women (probably my age) wearing them.  It just didn't look right.  And she had them on with black dress pants.  Not good.  I think they are definitely for the young, not for the young at heart!

Enjoy your day!

Lynn

2 comments:

  1. So many birthdays... I hope you all have an amazing time celebrating together. Think of all that cake!

    xx Mandi
    www.findmeamuse.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mandi!!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete