Thursday, February 23, 2012

It Happens Twice A Year!!

Yes, it's that time of the year again.  You know it happens twice a year...spring and fall...March and September.

What is it?  What happens?  Well, my mail person certainly knows the answers.  Why?  Because he has to carry those heavy magazines to my door.  Yes!!  It's the spring fashion trend issues (of course in September, it's the fall trend issues).

Vanity Fair is 3/4" thick, Vogue is 7/8" thick, and In Style is 3/4" thick, just to give you an example of a few.  And the weight of all three of them together equals 7 1/2 pounds.  And that's just three magazines. 

It will take me twice as long to read through my March magazines.  But I think it will be worth it.

I want to say kudos to Vogue for putting singer Adele on the cover.  It was so refreshing to see her shapely figure and her beautiful face front and center instead of a size double zero celebrity or model.   Yes, size double zero is smaller than just a size zero.  And by the way, Vogue states that there is 606 pages of spring looks.  Wow!!  I can hardly wait!!!

Then there's Vanity Fair with their Hollywood Issue introducing the fresh young stars of 2012.  They grace the cover and then some, as the cover is a tri-fold version.  Young, thin and glamorized in their pastel (yes, a big spring trend) gowns looking like they belong in good old Hollywood of decades past.  And check out some of the other Hollywood stars inside the magazine.  The photos are so great!

On a side note...Do you also realize why these spring magazine issues are so thick?  ADS!!!!  Yes, advertisements!!  Somebody got to pay for these magazines and all of those pages!!!

So I hope you enjoy your March magazines!!  I certainly will!

Enjoy your day!

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment