Saturday, December 8, 2012

Magazine Covers

Yesterday while I was standing in line to check out at the Grocery store, I was looking at all of the magazines covers.  And I had plenty of time to look.  There was only one cashier checking out everyone at the store.  The one line was so long!!!  Once again I noticed that celebrities were on all of the covers, not models.  There was only one exception, Cindy Crawford was on one cover, and I think it was Shape magazine.

So again, I have to ask....Are celebrities taking over super models.  You see, when a celebrity is on the cover of a magazine, they normally do a fashion photo spread inside.  Pages full of photos and then an article along with it. 

Back in the day, models graced the covers and they did the photo spreads inside.  And you know they made big bucks doing it.

So I wonder why the change?  Why celebrities?  Is this society obsessed with celebrities?  Are they more exciting than super models?

It is very interesting to me.  It makes me wonder, too.  Do the celebrities get paid big bucks to do the covers and photo spreads inside? Hmmmm....and if so, what do they get paid?

I would certainly love to find out the scoop!!

Enjoy your day and happy shopping!

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment